How to remove (uninstall) PUP.Optional.Ask ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is PUP.Optional.Ask?
PUP.Optional.Ask is a harmful adware app. As you let adware install it will set a new home page in the browser and drive you mad with ads. Since this harmful app is stored in the registry it is not that simple thing to remove this adware from your computer. A usual situation for obtaining virus to your PC is cases when you download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other resource with free content. Actually, it is another way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they merely add malware into the file of installation and promote it. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – please remember that these apps usually do a lot of really bad things – for instance, from changing the home page in your browser to infesting your system with viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, PUP.Optional.Ask is a realy malicious application.
How to remove PUP.Optional.Ask Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from your computer. You are welcome to look through the page completely and perform the wanted method. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch effective PUP.Optional.Ask Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single type of computer infections is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has PUP.Optional.Ask in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove PUP.Optional.Ask completely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes PUP.Optional.Ask right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual PUP.Optional.Ask removing
Step 1. Uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PUP.Optional.Ask in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from your browser
Remove PUP.Optional.Ask from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PUP.Optional.Ask” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.Ask removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.Ask removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.Ask removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PUP.Optional.Ask?
Here you will see some recommendations that would help you prevent PUP.Optional.Ask installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will really help you keep your PC safe and protected from PUP.Optional.Ask and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove PUP.Optional.Ask
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove PUP.Optional.Ask manually. It provides the best level safety of your system thanks to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall PUP.Optional.Ask (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab