How to remove (uninstall) Registry Scanner easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Registry Scanner?
Registry Scanner is malware belonging to adware. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the browser home page and creates popping up advertisement. As this malicious app is kept in the registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your computer. This malicious app is usually downloaded together with some free apps, torrents, unofficial patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the file of installation and promote it. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, but it also installs various offers which are known to users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Registry Scanner is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Registry Scanner Comfortably
There are many ways to uninstall Registry Scanner from your system. It is better to examine the page entirely and use the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run special Registry Scanner Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single class of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus tool that has Registry Scanner in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Registry Scanner 100%, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Registry Scanner right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Registry Scanner removing
Step 1. Uninstall Registry Scanner from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Registry Scanner in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Registry Scanner from your browser
Remove Registry Scanner from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Registry Scanner” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Registry Scanner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Registry Scanner from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Registry Scanner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Registry Scanner from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Registry Scanner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Registry Scanner from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Registry Scanner?
Below you will see the recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Registry Scanner and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your friends and family members since they will certainly allow you to keep the computer secured from Registry Scanner and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things that are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Registry Scanner
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which permanently deletes all types of malicious applications including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove Registry Scanner manually as well. It provides the best level safety of your PC due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Registry Scanner (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab