How to remove (uninstall) ScreenDream ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is ScreenDream?
ScreenDream is an advertising app which can infest your computer. As adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and add a lot of ads to it. Since this malicious app is stored in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to remove this adware from your computer. This software is usually downloaded with free programs, torrents, various patches for video games and other free files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for certain website owners – they add malware into the build and promote it. A downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, however it also brings various offers that are well-known to users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, link redirections, programs setting a new browser starting page etc. By the way, ScreenDream is true malware.
How to remove ScreenDream Simply
There are several ways to remove ScreenDream from the PC. You can read the page till the end and use the effective removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and run effective ScreenDream Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a single kind of viruses is the most efficient. You can also use any other antivirus tool that has ScreenDream in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove ScreenDream completely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes ScreenDream right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual ScreenDream removing
Step 1. Uninstall ScreenDream from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ScreenDream in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ScreenDream from your browser
Remove ScreenDream from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ScreenDream” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ScreenDream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ScreenDream from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ScreenDream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ScreenDream from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ScreenDream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ScreenDream from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ScreenDream?
Here you will see some useful recommendations which would help you avoid ScreenDream installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send our advice with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the computer protected from ScreenDream and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and get the needed application. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% ScreenDream Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to uninstall ScreenDream manually as well. It guarantees the best safety of your computer due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall ScreenDream (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab