How to remove (uninstall) Search Administrator adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search Administrator?
Search Administrator is a dangerous advertising program. After being installed this virus immediately changes the browser home page and creates ad pop-ups. As this malicious app is located in the system registry it is not that easy to remove this adware on your computer. A habitual situation for downloading virus to your PC is when you download a program or any other content from torrents or any other website with free software. Inserting dangerous programs into various software builds is probably a website owner’s business helping him earn more money. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings different ad offers that are known to users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, redirected links, apps setting a new browser starting page etc. Search Administrator belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search Administrator Easily
There are several methods to remove Search Administrator from the PC. You can examine the page entirely and perform the needed removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch effective Search Administrator Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single type of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus program that has Search Administrator in the signature base. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Search Administrator 100%, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Search Administrator right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search Administrator removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search Administrator from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search Administrator in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search Administrator from your browser
Remove Search Administrator from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search Administrator” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search Administrator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search Administrator from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search Administrator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search Administrator from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search Administrator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search Administrator from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search Administrator?
Here you can see some useful recommendations that would help you avoid Search Administrator installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep your computer protected from Search Administrator and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
Complete removal of Search Administrator
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall Search Administrator manually as well. It provides the best protection to your PC thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search Administrator (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab