How to remove (uninstall) Search.hhowtodiy.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.hhowtodiy.com?
Search.hhowtodiy.com is malware belonging to adware applications. As you let adware install it will set another home page in the browser and irritate you with ads. As this malware is stored in the registry it could be not that simple thing to delete this adware on your PC. A usual situation for obtaining virus to your PC is when you try to download a program or anything else from a torrents website or any other website with free applications. Adding malware into different apps is probably a business the website owner runs helping him earn more money. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers that are known to any user: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser starting page and so on. Search.hhowtodiy.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search.hhowtodiy.com Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from the PC. You are welcome to look through the page entirely and choose the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to find and run special Search.hhowtodiy.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a individual type of malware is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Search.hhowtodiy.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com completely, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Search.hhowtodiy.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search.hhowtodiy.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.hhowtodiy.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from your browser
Remove Search.hhowtodiy.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.hhowtodiy.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.hhowtodiy.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.hhowtodiy.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.hhowtodiy.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.hhowtodiy.com?
Below you will find the tips which will help you prevent Search.hhowtodiy.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to show our advice with your friends and family members just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer protected from Search.hhowtodiy.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Search.hhowtodiy.com
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all kinds of malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Search.hhowtodiy.com yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your system because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Search.hhowtodiy.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab