How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchresults.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchresults.com?
Search.searchresults.com is a dangerous advertising program. As you let adware install it will set another home page of your browser and annoy you with ads. As this malicious app is stored in the registry it is not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your PC. Users usually get such malicious software with various free apps or with torrent files from the places they don’t know well. Inserting malicious software into different software builds could be a business of a website owner allowing him to earn more money. A downloader is an app that provides you with the needed file, but it also brings various ad offers that are well-known to users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps changing homepage in the browser and so on. Search.searchresults.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search.searchresults.com Simply
There are several methods to remove Search.searchresults.com from the system. It is better to examine the guide entirely and use the needed removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and launch special Search.searchresults.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus program that has Search.searchresults.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Search.searchresults.com 100%, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes Search.searchresults.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search.searchresults.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchresults.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchresults.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchresults.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchresults.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchresults.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchresults.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchresults.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchresults.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchresults.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchresults.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchresults.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchresults.com?
Here you can see the recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Search.searchresults.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will definitely allow you to keep the PC secured from Search.searchresults.com and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Search.searchresults.com
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller that permanently removes all kinds of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove Search.searchresults.com manually. It guarantees the best protection to your system thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Search.searchresults.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab