How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchsassist.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchsassist.com?
Search.searchsassist.com is malicious advertisement software that can cause harm to your PC. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the browser home page and generates ads. Virus elements are saved into the registry so it appeares to be not an easy task to remove such an application. This software is usually downloaded with free software, torrent files, various patches for PC games and other free files. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and thus promote it. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs various ad offers that are known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs that change browser starting page etc. Search.searchsassist.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search.searchsassist.com Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from your computer. It is better to examine the guide entirely and perform the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and use special Search.searchsassist.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual kind of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to install any other antimalware that has Search.searchsassist.com in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.searchsassist.com absolutely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Search.searchsassist.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search.searchsassist.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchsassist.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchsassist.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchsassist.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchsassist.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchsassist.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchsassist.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchsassist.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchsassist.com?
Below you can find some recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Search.searchsassist.com and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely help you keep the PC safe and protected from Search.searchsassist.com and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Search.searchsassist.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator that easily and quickly removes all types of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Search.searchsassist.com yourself. It will provide the best level safety of your computer due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.searchsassist.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab