How to remove (uninstall) SearchBand adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchBand?
SearchBand is a dangerous adware app. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring different ads to it. It could be a serious challenge to fully remove this virus because its components and files are saved to the PC registry. This application is typically downloaded with some free software, torrent files, different patches for computer games and other shareware files. Actually, it is another way to earn money for certain website owners – they merely add malware into the build and thus promote it. It’s worth being attentive and careful dealing with different download assistants because very often they do a lot of unneeded things including downloading malware, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. By the way, SearchBand is true malware.
How to remove SearchBand Comfortably
There are numerous methods to remove SearchBand from your PC. You are welcome to examine the page till the end and use the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to install and use effective SearchBand Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a single kind of malware is the most effective. You can also download any other antivirus software that has SearchBand in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove SearchBand absolutely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes SearchBand right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchBand removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchBand from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchBand in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchBand from your browser
Remove SearchBand from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchBand” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchBand removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchBand from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchBand removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchBand from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchBand removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchBand from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchBand?
Here you can find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of SearchBand and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from SearchBand and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove SearchBand
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller that permanently deletes all kinds of malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall SearchBand yourself. It will provide the best level protection to your system thanks to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SearchBand (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab