How to remove (uninstall) SearchCompletion.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchCompletion.com?
SearchCompletion.com is an advertising app that can be harmful to your computer. After installation this virus immediately changes your home page and brings ads. Virus elements move to the registry thus it turns out to be not easy to remove such an app. This software is usually downloaded with some free software, torrents, different patches for video games and any other free files. People who own websites from time to time attempt to earn in such a bad way by adding malicious software to the archive with an application that is downloaded by users. It’s worth being attentive and careful dealing with various download assistants since pretty often they do countless annoying things for example downloading malware, breaking settings of your browser and many other things. SearchCompletion.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SearchCompletion.com Easily
There are several methods to uninstall SearchCompletion.com from the computer. You can look through the article entirely and use the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the unwanted software. As many specialists say, it is better to find and run efficient SearchCompletion.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual class of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has SearchCompletion.com in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove SearchCompletion.com 100%, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes SearchCompletion.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchCompletion.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchCompletion.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchCompletion.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchCompletion.com from your browser
Remove SearchCompletion.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchCompletion.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchCompletion.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchCompletion.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchCompletion.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchCompletion.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchCompletion.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchCompletion.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchCompletion.com?
Below you will see some useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of SearchCompletion.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your friends and family members just because they will really help you keep the PC protected from SearchCompletion.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove SearchCompletion.com
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove SearchCompletion.com manually as well. It will provide the highest level of security to your computer because it gets daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall SearchCompletion.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab