How to remove (uninstall) SearchDefenderPrime.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchDefenderPrime.com?
SearchDefenderPrime.com is malicious advertisement software which can cause harm to your computer. As adware is installed it will change your browser home page and add lots of annoying ads to it. Since this malicious app is stored in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to uninstall this adware from your computer. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your PC is cases when you try to download a program or anything else from torrents or any other website with free software. Adding malicious software into any type of software builds is probably a business the website owner runs allowing him to get more. A file downloader is an application that provides you with the needed file, but it also brings various offers which are known to users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, link redirections, applications changing homepage in the browser etc. By the way, SearchDefenderPrime.com is true malware.
How to remove SearchDefenderPrime.com Comfortably
There are many ways to uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from the system. You are welcome to examine the guide completely and choose the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, it is better to download and use special SearchDefenderPrime.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antimalware that has SearchDefenderPrime.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com 100%, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes SearchDefenderPrime.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchDefenderPrime.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchDefenderPrime.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from your browser
Remove SearchDefenderPrime.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchDefenderPrime.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchDefenderPrime.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchDefenderPrime.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchDefenderPrime.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchDefenderPrime.com?
Here you can see some useful recommendations which will help you prevent SearchDefenderPrime.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your nearest and dearest since they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from SearchDefenderPrime.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove SearchDefenderPrime.com
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove SearchDefenderPrime.com yourself. It guarantees the best protection to your PC because it downloads regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall SearchDefenderPrime.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab