How to remove (uninstall) SearchLock ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchLock?
SearchLock is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. Once adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and add lots of annoying ads to it. As this malicious app is stored in the registry of your system it is not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This application is typically downloaded in the bunch with some free apps, torrents, different patches for PC games and any other shareware files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the build and promote it. We recommend you not to rely on file downloaders too much – please remember that they usually do a lot of unneeded things – for instance, from setting the home page in your browser to infesting your system with adware, malware and even viruses. SearchLock belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SearchLock Easily
There are a lot of methods to remove SearchLock from the computer. You can examine the page completely and perform the wanted method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run special SearchLock Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a single type of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has SearchLock in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SearchLock absolutely, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes SearchLock right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchLock removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchLock from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchLock in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchLock from your browser
Remove SearchLock from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchLock” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchLock removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchLock from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchLock removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchLock from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchLock removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchLock from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchLock?
Here you will find the tips which will help you prevent installation of SearchLock and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your PC secured from SearchLock and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove SearchLock
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all types of malicious applications including those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall SearchLock yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC thanks to daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall SearchLock (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab