How to remove (uninstall) SearchMyFile effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchMyFile?
SearchMyFile is malicious software that belongs to advertising software. As adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and bring lots of ads to it. As this harmful app is kept in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to remove this adware on your PC. This malware is typically downloaded with some free apps, torrents, various patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. Owners of websites sometimes try to monetize content in such a way by embedding malware into the installation file of a program downloaded by visitors. It makes sense to be attentive and careful with all kinds of file downloaders since they often do many unneeded things for example downloading malicious software, changing browser settings and so forth. Not to exaggerate, SearchMyFile is a realy malicious application.
How to remove SearchMyFile Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to uninstall SearchMyFile from the computer. You can examine the article completely and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will delete the undesired software. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use effective SearchMyFile Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a individual class of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus software that has SearchMyFile in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove SearchMyFile 100%, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes SearchMyFile right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchMyFile removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchMyFile from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchMyFile in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchMyFile from your browser
Remove SearchMyFile from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchMyFile” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchMyFile removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchMyFile from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchMyFile removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchMyFile from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchMyFile removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchMyFile from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchMyFile?
Here you can see the tips that will help you prevent installation of SearchMyFile and issues with browser. Feel free to send those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC secured from SearchMyFile and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% SearchMyFile Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware which easily removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete SearchMyFile yourself. It provides the best level security to your system due to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SearchMyFile (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab