How to remove (uninstall) Searchpage.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Searchpage.com?
Searchpage.com is malicious software that belongs to adware. Once adware is installed it will set a new browser home page and add different ads to it. Virus components move to the registry so it’s not an easy thing to uninstall this app. A habitual situation for getting virus to your PC is cases when you download a song or other kind of content from from a new source or any other website with free applications. Actually, it is a way to get more money for some of website owners – they merely add malware into the installation file and thus promote it. We recommend you not to count on file downloaders too much – please remember that they typically do many unneeded things from replacing the browser home page to downloading adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Searchpage.com is true malware.
How to remove Searchpage.com Simply
There are numerous methods to remove Searchpage.com from the system. You can look through the article till the end and choose the needed method. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and use effective Searchpage.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a separate kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus tool that has Searchpage.com in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Searchpage.com 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Searchpage.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Searchpage.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Searchpage.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Searchpage.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Searchpage.com from your browser
Remove Searchpage.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Searchpage.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Searchpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Searchpage.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Searchpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Searchpage.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Searchpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Searchpage.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Searchpage.com?
Below you will find some tips that will help you avoid installation of Searchpage.com and issues with browser. Feel free to show those tips with your family and friends just because they will really allow you to keep the PC secured from Searchpage.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the common mistake and download the app they need. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things that don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Searchpage.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete Searchpage.com manually. It will provide the highest level of protection to your system because it gets regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Searchpage.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab