How to remove (uninstall) SearchSecretly.net effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchSecretly.net?
SearchSecretly.net is malicious adware that can be dangerous to your computer. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and bring various annoying ads to it. Since this malicious app is kept in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to delete this adware on your computer. Users usually get such malware with free apps or with torrents from sites they do not really know. Embedding malicious software into any type of software builds could be a business of a website owner helping him earn more money. A downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, but it also installs various ad offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, SearchSecretly.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove SearchSecretly.net Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall SearchSecretly.net from the computer. You can look through the article completely and use the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch special SearchSecretly.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single kind of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to run any other antivirus software that has SearchSecretly.net in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall SearchSecretly.net 100%, you can get it using this button.
- It removes SearchSecretly.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearchSecretly.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchSecretly.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchSecretly.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchSecretly.net from your browser
Remove SearchSecretly.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchSecretly.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchSecretly.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchSecretly.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchSecretly.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchSecretly.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchSecretly.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchSecretly.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchSecretly.net?
Below you can find the recommendations that will help you prevent SearchSecretly.net installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those advice with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from SearchSecretly.net and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
100% SearchSecretly.net Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware eliminator that permanently removes all kinds of malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete SearchSecretly.net yourself. It provides the best security to your PC because it downloads daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall SearchSecretly.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab