How to remove (uninstall) Searchtown.net easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Searchtown.net?
Searchtown.net is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. After installation process is over this virus changes the browser home page and brings ads. It’s a serious challenge to entirely delete this virus because its components are installed to the PC registry. This malware is often downloaded with some free apps, torrent files, different patches for PC games and any other shareware apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for some of website owners – they add malware into the build and publish it. A downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings various ad offers that are known to any user: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, programs changing browser starting page and so on. By the way, Searchtown.net is true malware.
How to remove Searchtown.net Simply
There are a lot of techniques to remove Searchtown.net from the system. It is better to examine the page completely and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to install and use special Searchtown.net Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single kind of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Searchtown.net in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Searchtown.net 100%, you can download it using this button.
- It removes Searchtown.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Searchtown.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtown.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Searchtown.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Searchtown.net from your browser
Remove Searchtown.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Searchtown.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Searchtown.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Searchtown.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Searchtown.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Searchtown.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Searchtown.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Searchtown.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Searchtown.net?
Below you can find the tips which would help you prevent installation of Searchtown.net and issues with browser. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will really allow you to keep your PC secured from Searchtown.net and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Searchtown.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which easily deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall Searchtown.net yourself. It provides the highest level of protection to your PC because it gets regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Searchtown.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab