How to remove (uninstall) SearX ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearX?
SearX is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Virus components get into the registry and it turns out to be not easy to uninstall such an application. This malware is typically downloaded together with some free software, torrents, different patches for video games and other shareware files. People who own websites may attempt to earn that way by adding malware to the archive with a program that will be downloaded by visitors. A downloader is a program that provides a user with the sought file, however it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, redirected links, applications setting a new homepage in the browser etc. By the way, SearX is true malware.
How to remove SearX Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall SearX from the system. You can read the guide till the end and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use effective SearX Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus program that has SearX in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SearX 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes SearX right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SearX removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearX from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearX in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearX from your browser
Remove SearX from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearX” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearX from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearX from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearX from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearX?
Below you will find some recommendations which will help you avoid installation of SearX and browser infection. Feel free to share our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely allow you to keep the computer secured from SearX and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
Complete removal of SearX
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove SearX manually. It provides the highest level of security to your PC thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SearX (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab