How to remove (uninstall) SecureSerch.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is SecureSerch.com?
SecureSerch.com is malicious software often called advertising software. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the browser home page and creates ad pop-ups. As this malicious app is stored in the registry of your system it is not that simple thing to remove this adware on your computer. Most users usually download this harmful app in the package with free apps or with torrents from the places they don’t know well. People who own websites from time to time attempt to earn that way by adding malware into the installation file of an app that will be downloaded by users. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers that are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, apps changing browser starting page and so forth. By the way, SecureSerch.com is true malware.
How to remove SecureSerch.com Easily
There are many methods to remove SecureSerch.com from your computer. It is better to look through the guide entirely and use the wanted method. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch effective SecureSerch.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most active. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus tool that has SecureSerch.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall SecureSerch.com absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes SecureSerch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SecureSerch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall SecureSerch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SecureSerch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SecureSerch.com from your browser
Remove SecureSerch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SecureSerch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SecureSerch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SecureSerch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SecureSerch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SecureSerch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SecureSerch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SecureSerch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SecureSerch.com?
Here you will find some useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of SecureSerch.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will really allow you to keep the PC secured from SecureSerch.com and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
Complete removal of SecureSerch.com
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all types of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall SecureSerch.com manually as well. It will provide the best security to your system thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall SecureSerch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab