How to remove (uninstall) Securewebsearches.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Securewebsearches.com?
Securewebsearches.com is malicious software that belongs to advertising software. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new browser home page and bring lots of annoying ads to it. As this malware is kept in the registry it’s not that easy to uninstall this adware on your PC. A usual situation for getting virus to to the computer is when you download a program or anything else from from a new source or any other site offering free content. People who own websites from time to time attempt to do content monetization in such a bad way by embedding malicious software into the installation file of an app that is downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers that are known to any user: bad software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, redirected links, apps setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, Securewebsearches.com is true malware.
How to remove Securewebsearches.com Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Securewebsearches.com from the computer. It is better to examine the article completely and use the needed method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch efficient Securewebsearches.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual kind of viruses is the most efficient. You can also use any other antimalware that has Securewebsearches.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Securewebsearches.com completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Securewebsearches.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Securewebsearches.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Securewebsearches.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Securewebsearches.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Securewebsearches.com from your browser
Remove Securewebsearches.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Securewebsearches.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Securewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Securewebsearches.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Securewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Securewebsearches.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Securewebsearches.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Securewebsearches.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Securewebsearches.com?
Here you will find some useful recommendations that will help you prevent Securewebsearches.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those tips with your family and friends as they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from Securewebsearches.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% Securewebsearches.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware which permanently deletes all types of malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete Securewebsearches.com manually. It will provide the best safety of your computer thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Securewebsearches.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab