How to remove (uninstall) Securify ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Securify?
Securify is malicious advertisement software which can be dangerous to your computer. As you agree to install this virus it will set a new home page in the browser and annoy you with ads. It’s often a challenge to fully delete this virus because its components are saved to the registry. A habitual example of getting virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a song or anything else from a torrents website or any other website offering free software. Actually, it is another way to get more money for certain website owners – they add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. You are advised to be careful dealing with all those downloaders as very often they do a lot of unneeded things for example downloading malware, intervening settings of your browser and so forth. By the way, Securify is true malware.
How to remove Securify Comfortably
There are several ways to uninstall Securify from the computer. You can examine the article completely and perform the needed method. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use special Securify Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single type of viruses is the most effective. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has Securify in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Securify absolutely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes Securify right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Securify removing
Step 1. Uninstall Securify from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Securify in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Securify from your browser
Remove Securify from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Securify” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Securify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Securify from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Securify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Securify from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Securify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Securify from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Securify?
Here you can see the recommendations which would help you prevent installation of Securify and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those tips with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep the computer secured from Securify and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are not relevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% Securify Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall Securify manually as well. It provides the best level security to your system thanks to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Securify (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab