How to remove (uninstall) SecurySearch ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SecurySearch?
SecurySearch is adware that can infest your computer. After being installed this virus immediately changes the browser home page and brings popping up advertisement. Since this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your PC. A habitual example of downloading virus to your computer is when you download a program or anything else from torrents or any other resource with free software. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for some of website owners – they add harmful apps into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is an app providing a user with the needed file, however it also brings different offers which are well-known to users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, applications setting a new browser starting page and so forth. Not to exaggerate, SecurySearch is a realy malicious application.
How to remove SecurySearch Easily
There are a lot of techniques to remove SecurySearch from the PC. You can look through the guide entirely and choose the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and use special SecurySearch Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single type of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus program that has SecurySearch in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove SecurySearch 100%, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes SecurySearch right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SecurySearch removing
Step 1. Uninstall SecurySearch from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SecurySearch in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SecurySearch from your browser
Remove SecurySearch from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SecurySearch” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SecurySearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SecurySearch from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SecurySearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SecurySearch from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SecurySearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SecurySearch from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SecurySearch?
Here you will see some recommendations that will help you avoid SecurySearch installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep the computer protected from SecurySearch and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of SecurySearch
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall SecurySearch manually as well. It guarantees the best protection to your computer thanks to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SecurySearch (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab