How to remove (uninstall) ServiceLegacy adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is ServiceLegacy?
ServiceLegacy is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your PC. After installation this virus quickly changes your home page and brings ads. Virus elements move to the system registry so it appeares to be not easy to remove this app. People typically get such malicious software with various free software or with torrents from sites they are not sure about. Website owners may attempt to earn in such a bad way and embed malicious software into the archive with a program downloaded by users. We advise you not to rely on download assistants too much – please remember that they typically do a lot of unneeded things – for instance, from changing a home page in your browser to downloading to your PC adware, malware and even viruses. ServiceLegacy belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove ServiceLegacy Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall ServiceLegacy from your computer. You are welcome to examine the article completely and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will delete the unwanted software. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch special ServiceLegacy Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a single type of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus program that has ServiceLegacy in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall ServiceLegacy 100%, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes ServiceLegacy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual ServiceLegacy removing
Step 1. Uninstall ServiceLegacy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ServiceLegacy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ServiceLegacy from your browser
Remove ServiceLegacy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ServiceLegacy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ServiceLegacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ServiceLegacy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ServiceLegacy?
Here you will see some recommendations which would help you prevent ServiceLegacy installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC safe and protected from ServiceLegacy and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be smart to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove ServiceLegacy
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator that easily and quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to uninstall ServiceLegacy manually. It provides the best level safety of your computer due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall ServiceLegacy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab