How to remove (uninstall) Smart Application Controller ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Smart Application Controller?
Smart Application Controller is a harmful adware app. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new home page in browser and bring a lot of ads to it. Virus elements move to the system registry therefore it is not easy to uninstall this app. This application is usually downloaded together with some free programs, torrents, different patches for video games and other free apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for certain website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and promote it. You are suggested to be attentive dealing with different file downloaders because very often they do many bad things like downloading malicious software, breaking browser settings and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Smart Application Controller is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Smart Application Controller Simply
There are many methods to remove Smart Application Controller from the PC. You are welcome to look through the article till the end and choose the wanted method. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use effective Smart Application Controller Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a single type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus software that has Smart Application Controller in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Smart Application Controller 100%, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Smart Application Controller right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Smart Application Controller removing
Step 1. Uninstall Smart Application Controller from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Smart Application Controller in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Smart Application Controller from your browser
Remove Smart Application Controller from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Smart Application Controller” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Smart Application Controller removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Smart Application Controller from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Smart Application Controller removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Smart Application Controller from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Smart Application Controller removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Smart Application Controller from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Smart Application Controller?
Here you can see some recommendations which would help you prevent Smart Application Controller installation and browser infection. Feel free to send our advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will really help you keep the PC protected from Smart Application Controller and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Smart Application Controller Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not delete Smart Application Controller manually. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Smart Application Controller (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab