How to remove (uninstall) Smart PC Tweaker ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Smart PC Tweaker?
Smart PC Tweaker is malicious advertisement software which can cause harm to your PC. After being installed this virus quickly changes the home page and creates ad pop-ups. Since this malicious app is stored in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to delete this adware on your computer. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a song or any other content from torrents or any other resource offering free software. Owners of websites may attempt to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malicious software to the archive with an application that will be downloaded by users. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – remember that they often do a lot of really bad things from setting the browser home page to downloading adware, malware and even viruses. Not to exaggerate, Smart PC Tweaker is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Smart PC Tweaker Comfortably
There are several methods to remove Smart PC Tweaker from the system. You can look through the article till the end and perform the needed removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch special Smart PC Tweaker Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a separate type of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus tool that has Smart PC Tweaker in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Smart PC Tweaker 100%, you can install it using this button.
- It removes Smart PC Tweaker right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Smart PC Tweaker removing
Step 1. Uninstall Smart PC Tweaker from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Smart PC Tweaker in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Smart PC Tweaker from your browser
Remove Smart PC Tweaker from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Smart PC Tweaker” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Smart PC Tweaker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Smart PC Tweaker from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Smart PC Tweaker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Smart PC Tweaker from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Smart PC Tweaker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Smart PC Tweaker from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Smart PC Tweaker?
Here you will see the useful recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Smart PC Tweaker and issues with browser. Feel free to send those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from Smart PC Tweaker and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
100% Smart PC Tweaker Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove Smart PC Tweaker manually. It will provide the highest level of protection to your computer due to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Smart PC Tweaker (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab