How to remove (uninstall) Smart Search effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Smart Search?
Smart Search is a dangerous advertising program. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of the browser and irritate you with advertisement. Virus components get to the system registry so it appeares to be not easy to remove this app. A habitual situation for downloading virus to your PC is when you download a program or any other content from torrents or any other resource offering free applications. Website owners sometimes try to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malware to the installation file of a program downloaded by users. We advise you not to rely on download assistants too much – remember that these apps often do many unneeded things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to downloading adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Smart Search is true malware.
How to remove Smart Search Easily
There are several methods to uninstall Smart Search from the computer. You are welcome to look through the article completely and perform the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to download and launch special Smart Search Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a separate kind of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to install any other antimalware that has Smart Search in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Smart Search absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Smart Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Smart Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Smart Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Smart Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Smart Search from your browser
Remove Smart Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Smart Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Smart Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Smart Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Smart Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Smart Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Smart Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Smart Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Smart Search?
Here you will find the useful recommendations which will help you prevent Smart Search installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your friends and family members just because they will certainly help you keep the PC safe and protected from Smart Search and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Smart Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware which easily removes all types of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete Smart Search manually. It will provide the best security to your computer thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Smart Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab