How to remove (uninstall) Smartsrch.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Smartsrch.com?
Smartsrch.com is malicious adware which can be dangerous to your PC. As you let adware install it will set another home page in the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. It’s a serious challenge to fully delete this virus as its components and files are stored in the PC registry. Most users typically get this malicious software in the package with various free apps or with torrent files from websites they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and promote it. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – keep in mind that these apps typically do lots of unneeded things from replacing a home page in your browser to downloading to your system adware, malware and even viruses. Not to exaggerate, Smartsrch.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Smartsrch.com Simply
There are many ways to uninstall Smartsrch.com from the system. It is better to read the guide entirely and perform the needed method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use effective Smartsrch.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a separate type of malware is the most active. You can also install any other antivirus software that has Smartsrch.com in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Smartsrch.com absolutely, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes Smartsrch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Smartsrch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Smartsrch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Smartsrch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Smartsrch.com from your browser
Remove Smartsrch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Smartsrch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Smartsrch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Smartsrch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Smartsrch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Smartsrch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Smartsrch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Smartsrch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Smartsrch.com?
Here you can find the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Smartsrch.com and issues with browser. Feel free to show those tips with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the PC secured from Smartsrch.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
100% Smartsrch.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove Smartsrch.com yourself. It will provide the highest level of safety of your PC because it gets regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Smartsrch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab