How to remove (uninstall) Software-files.net ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Software-files.net?
Software-files.net is a harmful adware app. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. It’s a great challenge to fully delete this virus because its files are saved to the registry. A habitual situation for getting virus to to the computer is when you download a program or anything else from a torrents website or any other website with free content. People who own websites may attempt to do content monetization that way by adding malware into the installation file of a program that is downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, however it also brings different ad offers which are known to any user: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs setting a new browser starting page and so on. Software-files.net belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Software-files.net Simply
There are many techniques to remove Software-files.net from your PC. You can look through the guide completely and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch efficient Software-files.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a separate kind of malware is the most effective. You can also use any other antimalware that has Software-files.net in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Software-files.net completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Software-files.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Software-files.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Software-files.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Software-files.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Software-files.net from your browser
Remove Software-files.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Software-files.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Software-files.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Software-files.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Software-files.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Software-files.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Software-files.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Software-files.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Software-files.net?
Below you can see the useful recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Software-files.net and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your family and friends just because they will really allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from Software-files.net and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove Software-files.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator that permanently deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not uninstall Software-files.net manually. It guarantees the best protection to your computer thanks to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Software-files.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab