How to remove (uninstall) Somefungames effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Somefungames?
Somefungames is a dangerous advertising program. After installation this virus changes your home page and generates ads. It’s often a challenge to fully delete this virus since its files are installed to the PC registry. Most users typically get such malware in the package with shareware software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Owners of websites may try to earn that way and embed malicious software into the installation file of a program downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, however it also brings various ad offers that are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating ads popping up in a browser, redirected links, apps changing homepage in the browser and so on. Not to exaggerate, Somefungames is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Somefungames Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Somefungames from your computer. You can examine the guide entirely and perform the needed method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and run special Somefungames Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single class of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus program that has Somefungames in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Somefungames 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Somefungames right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Somefungames removing
Step 1. Uninstall Somefungames from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Somefungames in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Somefungames from your browser
Remove Somefungames from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Somefungames” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Somefungames removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Somefungames from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Somefungames removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Somefungames from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Somefungames removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Somefungames from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Somefungames?
Below you can find some tips that will help you prevent installation of Somefungames and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from Somefungames and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
100% Somefungames Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware that permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Somefungames manually. It provides the highest level of safety of your computer due to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Somefungames (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab