How to remove (uninstall) Somethat.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Somethat.com?
Somethat.com is malware that belongs to adware applications. As adware is installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring various annoying ads to it. Virus elements move into the registry so it appeares to be not an easy task to remove this app. Users usually get this malware in the package with free software or with torrents from websites they are not sure about. Adding malicious software into various software builds can be a website owner’s business allowing him to get more. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – please remember that they usually do many really bad things from setting a home page in your browser to downloading viruses and malware. Somethat.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Somethat.com Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Somethat.com from the system. You can look through the guide completely and choose the needed way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and run special Somethat.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a individual class of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Somethat.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Somethat.com absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Somethat.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Somethat.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Somethat.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Somethat.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Somethat.com from your browser
Remove Somethat.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Somethat.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Somethat.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Somethat.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Somethat.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Somethat.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Somethat.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Somethat.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Somethat.com?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Somethat.com and issues with browser. Feel free to send those advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep the computer secured from Somethat.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to scan your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Somethat.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller which easily removes all kinds of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove Somethat.com yourself. It will provide the best security to your system because it downloads daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Somethat.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab