How to remove (uninstall) Songs Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Songs Search?
Songs Search is malicious software often called advertising software. Once adware is automatically installed it will set a new browser home page and bring lots of annoying ads to it. Virus elements move to the registry and it is not an easy task to uninstall this app. Most users often download such malicious software in the package with shareware apps or with torrent files from sites they do not really know. Embedding dangerous programs into different builds is probably a business the website owner runs letting him get more. A file downloader is a program providing a user with the needed file, but it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, applications setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. Songs Search belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Songs Search Easily
There are many methods to uninstall Songs Search from the computer. You are welcome to read the article till the end and perform the effective way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the programs that will delete the unwanted adware. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch effective Songs Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a single type of computer infections is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus program that has Songs Search in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Songs Search 100%, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes Songs Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Songs Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Songs Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Songs Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Songs Search from your browser
Remove Songs Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Songs Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Songs Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Songs Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Songs Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Songs Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Songs Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Songs Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Songs Search?
Here you can find the recommendations which will help you avoid installation of Songs Search and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep your computer safe and protected from Songs Search and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
100% Songs Search Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller which easily deletes all types of malicious applications and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not delete Songs Search manually as well. It provides the best safety of your computer because it downloads daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Songs Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab