How to remove (uninstall) Special-news.online adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Special-news.online?
Special-news.online is a harmful advertising application. As you install this malware it will set a new home page in the browser and annoy you with ads. Virus files get into the registry thus it appeares to be not easy to remove such an application. Users often download such malware with free apps or with torrents from the places they do not really know. Website owners may attempt to monetize content that way by adding malicious software into the archive with a program downloaded by visitors. We advise you not to rely on file downloaders too much – please remember that these apps often do lots of unneeded things from changing the home page of a browser to downloading malware and viruses. By the way, Special-news.online is true malware.
How to remove Special-news.online Easily
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Special-news.online from your computer. It is better to read the page till the end and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and run efficient Special-news.online Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a single kind of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antivirus software that has Special-news.online in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Special-news.online 100%, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Special-news.online right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Special-news.online removing
Step 1. Uninstall Special-news.online from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Special-news.online in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Special-news.online from your browser
Remove Special-news.online from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Special-news.online” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Special-news.online removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Special-news.online from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Special-news.online removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Special-news.online from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Special-news.online removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Special-news.online from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Special-news.online?
Here you can see some tips which would help you prevent installation of Special-news.online and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your friends and family members since they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from Special-news.online and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Special-news.online
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not delete Special-news.online yourself. It provides the highest level of security to your PC because it downloads regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Special-news.online (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab