How to remove (uninstall) Srchweb.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Srchweb.com?
Srchweb.com is malicious advertisement software which can cause harm to your PC. After installation this virus immediately changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. It’s a serious challenge to entirely delete this virus as its components are installed to the registry. This application is usually downloaded in the bunch with free apps, torrent files, various patches for video games and any other free files. Website owners sometimes try to do content monetization that way and embed malicious software to the installation file of a program that is downloaded by visitors. We recommend you not to rely on downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps usually do many really bad things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to downloading to your system adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Srchweb.com is true malware.
How to remove Srchweb.com Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Srchweb.com from your PC. It is better to look through the article till the end and choose the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch effective Srchweb.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus software that has Srchweb.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Srchweb.com 100%, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Srchweb.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Srchweb.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Srchweb.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Srchweb.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Srchweb.com from your browser
Remove Srchweb.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Srchweb.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Srchweb.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Srchweb.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Srchweb.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Srchweb.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Srchweb.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Srchweb.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Srchweb.com?
Here you can find the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Srchweb.com and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from Srchweb.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Srchweb.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which easily and quickly removes all types of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Srchweb.com manually as well. It guarantees the best level protection to your system due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Srchweb.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab