How to remove (uninstall) Star Shaped Pies (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Star Shaped Pies?
Star Shaped Pies is an advertising app which can infest your PC. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new browser home page and add various ads to it. Virus elements get to the system registry and it appeares to be not an easy thing to remove such an application. Most users typically get such malware with various free apps or with torrents from sites they are not sure about. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn more money for certain website owners – they add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. A downloader is an app that provides you with the needed file, but it also installs various offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in the browser, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page and so forth. By the way, Star Shaped Pies is true malware.
How to remove Star Shaped Pies Comfortably
There are several methods to uninstall Star Shaped Pies from your computer. You can examine the guide completely and choose the wanted method. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the programs that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and launch special Star Shaped Pies Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a separate type of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus program that has Star Shaped Pies in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Star Shaped Pies completely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes Star Shaped Pies right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Star Shaped Pies removing
Step 1. Uninstall Star Shaped Pies from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Star Shaped Pies in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Star Shaped Pies from your browser
Remove Star Shaped Pies from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Star Shaped Pies” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Star Shaped Pies removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Star Shaped Pies from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Star Shaped Pies removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Star Shaped Pies from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Star Shaped Pies removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Star Shaped Pies from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Star Shaped Pies?
Here you will find the useful recommendations that would help you prevent installation of Star Shaped Pies and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends just because they will really allow you to keep the computer secured from Star Shaped Pies and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
100% Star Shaped Pies Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete Star Shaped Pies manually. It will provide the best level protection to your computer because it gets regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Star Shaped Pies (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab