How to remove (uninstall) Status77 (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Status77?
Status77 is a harmful advertising program. As you let adware install it will set another home page in the browser and annoy you with ads. As this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it’s not that easy to uninstall this adware on your PC. This software is typically downloaded together with free software, torrent files, various patches for computer games and any other shareware apps and files. People who own websites sometimes attempt to monetize content that way by embedding malware to the installation file of an application downloaded by visitors. We recommend you not to count on download assistants too much – remember that these apps usually do a lot of unneeded things from replacing the home page in your browser to downloading malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Status77 is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Status77 Easily
There are many techniques to uninstall Status77 from your computer. It is better to read the article entirely and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special Status77 Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has Status77 in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Status77 absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Status77 right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Status77 removing
Step 1. Uninstall Status77 from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Status77 in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Status77 from your browser
Remove Status77 from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Status77” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Status77 removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Status77 from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Status77 removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Status77 from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Status77 removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Status77 from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Status77?
Below you will see some useful recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Status77 and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members since they will definitely allow you to keep your PC protected from Status77 and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t look relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Status77
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily deletes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove Status77 yourself. It provides the highest level of security to your system thanks to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Status77 (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab