How to remove (uninstall) Themovie-portal.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Themovie-portal.com?
Themovie-portal.com is malicious adware that can infest your computer. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring different annoying ads to it. Virus components get into the system registry and it turns out to be not an easy thing to uninstall such an application. A habitual example of downloading virus to your computer is when you download a song or other kind of content from torrents or any other website with free content. Website owners may try to monetize content that way by embedding malware into the installation file of an app downloaded by visitors. It’s worth being attentive and careful with different download assistants since they often do countless annoying things for example downloading malware, breaking browser settings and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Themovie-portal.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Themovie-portal.com Simply
There are numerous ways to uninstall Themovie-portal.com from the PC. You can read the page entirely and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and run special Themovie-portal.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a separate class of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus program that has Themovie-portal.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Themovie-portal.com 100%, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Themovie-portal.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Themovie-portal.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Themovie-portal.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Themovie-portal.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Themovie-portal.com from your browser
Remove Themovie-portal.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Themovie-portal.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Themovie-portal.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Themovie-portal.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Themovie-portal.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Themovie-portal.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Themovie-portal.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Themovie-portal.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Themovie-portal.com?
Below you will see some tips that will help you prevent installation of Themovie-portal.com and browser infection. Feel free to send our advice with your friends and family members as they will really allow you to keep the PC secured from Themovie-portal.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Themovie-portal.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware which permanently deletes all kinds of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to uninstall Themovie-portal.com manually. It will provide the best security to your computer thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Themovie-portal.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab