How to remove (uninstall) ThePresidentSays adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is ThePresidentSays?
ThePresidentSays is an advertising app that can be harmful to your computer. After installation this virus changes your home page and creates popping up advertisement. It’s often a challenge to entirely delete this virus since its components are installed to the PC registry. This software is often downloaded in the bunch with free apps, torrents, unofficial patches for video games and any other shareware files. Embedding malicious software into various builds can be a website owner’s business letting him earn more money. We suggest that you not count on downloaders too much – remember that these apps often do lots of really bad things from setting the home page of a browser to downloading viruses and malware. ThePresidentSays belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove ThePresidentSays Comfortably
There are several techniques to uninstall ThePresidentSays from the system. You can examine the guide till the end and use the needed method. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to install and run special ThePresidentSays Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus program that has ThePresidentSays in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall ThePresidentSays absolutely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes ThePresidentSays right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual ThePresidentSays removing
Step 1. Uninstall ThePresidentSays from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ThePresidentSays in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ThePresidentSays from your browser
Remove ThePresidentSays from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ThePresidentSays” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ThePresidentSays removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ThePresidentSays from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ThePresidentSays removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ThePresidentSays from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ThePresidentSays removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ThePresidentSays from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ThePresidentSays?
Below you will see some recommendations which will help you prevent ThePresidentSays installation and issues with browser. Feel free to show those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep your PC protected from ThePresidentSays and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of ThePresidentSays
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove ThePresidentSays yourself. It will provide the best protection to your PC thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall ThePresidentSays (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab