How to remove (uninstall) Tools Plus ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Tools Plus?
Tools Plus is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. As you let adware install it will set another home page in the browser and drive you mad with ads. Virus files get into the system registry and it appeares to be not easy to uninstall such an app. A usual situation for downloading virus to your PC is cases when you download a movie or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource with free applications. People who own websites from time to time attempt to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malware into the archive with a program downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, but it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating ads popping up in a browser, redirected links, applications that change homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Tools Plus is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Tools Plus Simply
There are numerous ways to uninstall Tools Plus from your system. It is better to read the article till the end and choose the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired program. As many specialists say, it is better to install and launch effective Tools Plus Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single type of computer infections is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Tools Plus in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Tools Plus 100%, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Tools Plus right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Tools Plus removing
Step 1. Uninstall Tools Plus from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Tools Plus in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Tools Plus from your browser
Remove Tools Plus from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Tools Plus” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Tools Plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Tools Plus from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Tools Plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Tools Plus from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Tools Plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Tools Plus from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Tools Plus?
Here you can find some recommendations that would help you avoid installation of Tools Plus and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those suggestions with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the PC secured from Tools Plus and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Tools Plus
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall Tools Plus manually. It will provide the best level protection to your PC due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Tools Plus (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab