How to remove (uninstall) Top Results easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Top Results?
Top Results is malicious software belonging to adware applications. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes the browser home page and creates ads. As this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it’s not that easy to remove this adware from your computer. A typical example of downloading virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource offering free applications. Owners of websites may try to do content monetization that way and embed malicious software to the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. We suggest that you not rely on downloaders too much – remember that these apps typically do lots of really bad things from changing the home page in your browser to downloading viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Top Results is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Top Results Comfortably
There are a lot of ways to uninstall Top Results from the system. It is better to look through the page till the end and perform the effective way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and use effective Top Results Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single type of malware is the most active. You can also use any other antimalware that has Top Results in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Top Results completely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Top Results right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Top Results removing
Step 1. Uninstall Top Results from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Top Results in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Top Results from your browser
Remove Top Results from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Top Results” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Top Results removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Top Results from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Top Results removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Top Results from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Top Results removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Top Results from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Top Results?
Below you will see some useful recommendations which would help you prevent installation of Top Results and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep your computer protected from Top Results and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are unneeded and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
100% Top Results Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all kinds of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Top Results manually as well. It provides the best level security to your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Top Results (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab