How to remove (uninstall) Topmedia.fun (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Topmedia.fun?
Topmedia.fun is a dangerous advertising program. As adware is automatically installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring lots of annoying ads to it. It could be a challenge to entirely remove this virus because its components are saved to the PC registry. A usual situation for getting virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a movie or any other content from torrents or any other resource offering free content. Website owners sometimes attempt to do content monetization that way and embed malicious software to the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is a program that provides you with the necessary file, however it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, programs setting a new browser starting page and so forth. Topmedia.fun belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Topmedia.fun Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Topmedia.fun from the system. You can examine the guide completely and perform the effective way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch efficient Topmedia.fun Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual class of malware is the most effective. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has Topmedia.fun in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Topmedia.fun absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Topmedia.fun right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Topmedia.fun removing
Step 1. Uninstall Topmedia.fun from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Topmedia.fun in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Topmedia.fun from your browser
Remove Topmedia.fun from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Topmedia.fun” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Topmedia.fun removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Topmedia.fun from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Topmedia.fun removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Topmedia.fun from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Topmedia.fun removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Topmedia.fun from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Topmedia.fun?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which would help you prevent Topmedia.fun installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your friends and family members just because they will really allow you to keep the PC protected from Topmedia.fun and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are not relevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not recall downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Topmedia.fun
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller which quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove Topmedia.fun yourself. It provides the highest level of security to your PC because it gets daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Topmedia.fun (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab