How to remove (uninstall) TotalRecipeSearch adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is TotalRecipeSearch?
TotalRecipeSearch is a malicious app that belongs to adware applications. As adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and add lots of annoying ads to it. Virus files are saved into the registry thus it’s not easy to remove this app. Users usually get such malicious software in the package with shareware applications or with torrent files from the places they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the build and promote it. We advise you not to rely on file downloaders too much – remember that these apps typically do lots of really bad things from replacing the home page in your browser to downloading to your PC viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, TotalRecipeSearch is a realy malicious application.
How to remove TotalRecipeSearch Easily
There are numerous techniques to remove TotalRecipeSearch from your PC. You are welcome to read the article entirely and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use special TotalRecipeSearch Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has TotalRecipeSearch in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall TotalRecipeSearch completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes TotalRecipeSearch right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual TotalRecipeSearch removing
Step 1. Uninstall TotalRecipeSearch from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain TotalRecipeSearch in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall TotalRecipeSearch from your browser
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “TotalRecipeSearch” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use TotalRecipeSearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall TotalRecipeSearch from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use TotalRecipeSearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall TotalRecipeSearch from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use TotalRecipeSearch removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall TotalRecipeSearch from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from TotalRecipeSearch?
Below you can find some tips that will help you prevent installation of TotalRecipeSearch and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from TotalRecipeSearch and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% TotalRecipeSearch Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete TotalRecipeSearch manually as well. It will provide the best protection to your system thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall TotalRecipeSearch (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab