How to remove (uninstall) Travel Buddy ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Travel Buddy?
Travel Buddy is an advertising app that can infest your computer. Once adware is installed automatically it will change your browser home page and add various annoying ads to it. Virus elements move into the system registry thus it appeares to be not an easy task to remove such an app. This malicious app is often downloaded with free apps, torrents, various patches for PC games and any other shareware apps and files. Website owners may try to do content monetization in such a way and embed malicious software to the installation file of an app downloaded by users. It’s worth being careful dealing with all kinds of download assistants because they often do a lot of annoying things including downloading malware, changing settings of your browser and so forth. Travel Buddy belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Travel Buddy Simply
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Travel Buddy from the computer. You are welcome to examine the page till the end and perform the effective method. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use efficient Travel Buddy Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a separate class of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Travel Buddy in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Travel Buddy completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Travel Buddy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Travel Buddy removing
Step 1. Uninstall Travel Buddy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Travel Buddy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Travel Buddy from your browser
Remove Travel Buddy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Travel Buddy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Travel Buddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Travel Buddy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Travel Buddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Travel Buddy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Travel Buddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Travel Buddy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Travel Buddy?
Below you can find the recommendations that would help you avoid Travel Buddy installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send our tips with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep your PC secured from Travel Buddy and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the app they need. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things which don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Travel Buddy Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of malware including those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to remove Travel Buddy yourself. It guarantees the best security to your system because it gets regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Travel Buddy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab