How to remove (uninstall) Utilitool (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Utilitool?
Utilitool is malicious software that belongs to advertising software. As you let adware install it will change the home page in the browser and irritate you with ads. Since this harmful app is kept in the registry it’s not that easy to delete this adware from your PC. A habitual example of obtaining virus to to the computer is when you try to download a song or other kind of content from torrents or any other website with free software. Website owners sometimes try to monetize content in such a way by adding malicious software to the archive with a program that will be downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings various ad offers that are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, link redirections, apps changing homepage in the browser and so on. Utilitool belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Utilitool Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Utilitool from the computer. You can examine the article till the end and choose the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and use special Utilitool Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single class of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Utilitool in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Utilitool completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Utilitool right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Utilitool removing
Step 1. Uninstall Utilitool from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Utilitool in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Utilitool from your browser
Remove Utilitool from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Utilitool” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Utilitool removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Utilitool from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Utilitool removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Utilitool from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Utilitool removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Utilitool from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Utilitool?
Below you can find the recommendations that would help you prevent Utilitool installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your friends and family members since they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from Utilitool and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% Utilitool Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller that easily deletes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to delete Utilitool manually. It will provide the best protection to your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Utilitool (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab