How to remove (uninstall) Videodrome adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Videodrome?
Videodrome is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. After installation this virus immediately changes the home page and generates popping up advertisement. It’s often a serious challenge to entirely remove this virus because its files are saved to the registry. A usual example of downloading virus to to the computer is when you download a program or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other resource with free software. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they merely add malware into the file of installation and publish it. We advise you not to rely on file downloaders too much – keep in mind that they typically do lots of unneeded things from setting a home page in your browser to downloading to your system adware, malware and even viruses. Videodrome belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Videodrome Easily
There are many ways to uninstall Videodrome from the computer. It is better to read the guide completely and choose the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and run special Videodrome Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Videodrome in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Videodrome completely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Videodrome right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Videodrome removing
Step 1. Uninstall Videodrome from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Videodrome in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Videodrome from your browser
Remove Videodrome from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Videodrome” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Videodrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Videodrome from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Videodrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Videodrome from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Videodrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Videodrome from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Videodrome?
Below you will find some useful recommendations which would help you prevent Videodrome installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your family and friends as they will certainly help you keep the PC secured from Videodrome and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Videodrome Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware that permanently removes all types of adware and malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete Videodrome yourself. It provides the highest level of safety of your system due to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Videodrome (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab