How to remove (uninstall) Wait a second ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Wait a second?
Wait a second is adware which can be dangerous to your PC. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. As this malware is stored in the system registry it is not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This malware is often downloaded in the bunch with free programs, torrent files, various patches for PC games and any other free apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for some website owners – they embed harmful apps into the file of installation and thus promote it. We suggest that you not count on file downloaders too much – please remember that these apps often do a lot of unneeded things from changing the home page in your browser to downloading to your system malware and viruses. Wait a second belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Wait a second Simply
There are numerous ways to uninstall Wait a second from the PC. You are welcome to examine the page completely and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the undesired program. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run effective Wait a second Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a individual kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has Wait a second in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Wait a second 100%, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes Wait a second right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Wait a second removing
Step 1. Uninstall Wait a second from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Wait a second in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Wait a second from your browser
Remove Wait a second from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Wait a second” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Wait a second removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Wait a second from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Wait a second removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Wait a second from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Wait a second removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Wait a second from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Wait a second?
Below you can see some useful recommendations which would help you prevent installation of Wait a second and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our advice with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from Wait a second and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Wait a second Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller that permanently removes all types of malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to remove Wait a second yourself. It provides the best safety of your computer because it downloads daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Wait a second (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab