How to remove (uninstall) War Thunder (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is War Thunder?
War Thunder is malicious advertisement software that can be harmful to your computer. After installation this virus immediately changes the browser home page and brings popping up advertisement. Since this malware is located in the registry it is not that easy to delete this adware on your computer. People usually download such harmful app with shareware software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for some owners of websites – they embed harmful apps into the file of installation and thus promote it. We recommend you not to rely on downloaders too much – remember that they typically do lots of unneeded things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to downloading to your system viruses and malware. War Thunder belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove War Thunder Comfortably
There are numerous ways to uninstall War Thunder from the system. It is better to read the article completely and choose the effective removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and run effective War Thunder Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a separate class of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also download any other antivirus program that has War Thunder in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall War Thunder absolutely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes War Thunder right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual War Thunder removing
Step 1. Uninstall War Thunder from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain War Thunder in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall War Thunder from your browser
Remove War Thunder from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “War Thunder” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use War Thunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall War Thunder from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use War Thunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall War Thunder from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use War Thunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall War Thunder from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from War Thunder?
Below you will see some recommendations which would help you prevent War Thunder installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the PC safe and protected from War Thunder and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove War Thunder
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator that easily removes all types of adware and malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove War Thunder yourself. It will provide the best level protection to your PC due to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall War Thunder (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab