How to remove (uninstall) WeatherGenie Search ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is WeatherGenie Search?
WeatherGenie Search is a malicious app that belongs to adware. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page in the browser and drive you mad with ads. Virus elements get into the system registry thus it turns out to be not easy to delete this application. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a song or anything else from from a new source or any other resource with free applications. Embedding malware into various builds could be a business the website owner runs letting him earn more money. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the necessary file, but it also installs different offers which are well-known to all users: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, link redirections, applications setting a new browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, WeatherGenie Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove WeatherGenie Search Comfortably
There are several techniques to remove WeatherGenie Search from the PC. You can read the article entirely and choose the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted program. According to my experience, it is better to download and run effective WeatherGenie Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most active. You can also use any other antimalware that has WeatherGenie Search in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall WeatherGenie Search completely, you can download it using this button.
- It removes WeatherGenie Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual WeatherGenie Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall WeatherGenie Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain WeatherGenie Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall WeatherGenie Search from your browser
Remove WeatherGenie Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “WeatherGenie Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use WeatherGenie Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall WeatherGenie Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use WeatherGenie Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall WeatherGenie Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use WeatherGenie Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall WeatherGenie Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from WeatherGenie Search?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of WeatherGenie Search and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep your PC secured from WeatherGenie Search and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of WeatherGenie Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that quickly removes all kinds of malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove WeatherGenie Search manually. It guarantees the best security to your PC because it downloads regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall WeatherGenie Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab